Thursday, November 30, 2006
defending myself. interesting title. simple title. and yet, i couldn't do it. based on my experiences, it seems that it is hard for me to defend myself. let me give you an example.
my ballet recital is nearing, rehearsals of each ballet day had been harder and harder each day. Corrections of each ballet term is what we, ballerinas have received each of these days. Recitals can be an 'ouch' to us as we get up on our toes as we twirl and spin. An 'ouch' to our parents as they buy all our needs. New toe shoes, recital fee, costumes and so other more. That's what they do in each time of year. Pay our fees, our needs and so so much more. What do they get back? Our performance that is. Making my parents proud is what I try to do best. So I could prove that I can be someone at last. My previous recital, Waltzing Through, my first recital with pointe shoes on. I never realized how important money is, that is why, I became conscious of what I'm spending. Hearing Miyuki's Extemporaneous Speech, I became conscious of what I was spending. Now, what I wish to ask for as my Christmas gift, is only ballet stuff. Needs for my recital that is. I ask my friends what they would ask. And yet, their answer was different from mine. And what I thought, was that, they weren't conscious of what their spending. Well I mean, it isn't their money, it's their parents. Once I asked a dear ballet friend of mine, and she answered, shoes. Then I asked, why wouldn't you ask for ballet stuff so that your parents wouldn't spend that much. But she said, ballet stuff is essential. And, a friend just said, she's right, it's essential. That certain friend told me, 'okay then, kuripot lang pamilya mo.' Then, I tried to defend myself, to avoid bad impressions and all. But, she just said, 'riight. mmhhm. right' What i just wanted to say is that, my parents didn't plan it, I did. It's not my fault that you people aren't conscious of what your doing. Miyuki is right, our parents aren't enjoying themselves just for me to learn about pirouettes and all. They work hard for it. Here is what I have to say to that: I know that it is essential for me to have new stuff. But, sometimes, we ourselves have to do our part. Money isn't just going to pop when you need it. It is something to work hard for. And yet, we aren't doing our part. I defend myself for this time, that ballerinas out there have to be conscious on what we are spending. Especially if you are in my case, having 3 other siblings. And that is what I have to say about it. I hope you too had opened your eyes and see what you are doing.
-i dance.-
; on pointe
others.
wishlist, calendar, quotes, etc(: